Core Publisher: Where and how should I embed widgets in my Core Publisher site?
If you have a widget that you want to embed into your Core Publisher site, the best place to add it is in a Core Publisher Page.
Users have full HTML access on Pages only, meaning that you can add most widgets or embeds and they will display correctly. We recommend only using widgets that you have verified will be responsive and will resize for smaller, mobile screens.
If you choose to use HTML, third-party widgets or embed code, you are responsible for creating, editing, and maintaining the code. We recommend that you ensure you have someone at your station who is knowledgeable and experienced in using HTML, editing/creating widgets, or customizing embeds.
To add a widget to a Page:
- Either locate and click on the Edit tab on an already existing Page on your site, or click on the Add Content link in the top black/grey admin and select Page to create a new Page.
- Place your cursor in the Body section.
- Click on the Source button to access the HTML source of the Page.
- Paste your widget code into the Page source where you want the widget to display.
- Click on the Source button again. You should see an icon in the body of the Page that reflects where the widget will display.
- Click on the Save page icon.
If you find that you are not able to embed HTML widgets on your pages, please submit a ticket to our support team so that we can confirm that you are set up to have full HTML access.
Questions? Having Trouble? Contact Station Relations.
Did you find this article helpful?