Core Publisher: How do I create a New Category?
To create a new Category:
Note: All fields with a red asterisk (*) are required to save your new Category.
New Categories are created and managed in the Manage Categories admin. Click on the Configure Corepublisher link in the grey and black admin bar, and then select Manage Categories from the Content Management section to navigate to the Category page.
- Click on the Add term link.
- Enter the Name of your new category.
- Enter a Description of the category. Add text and links with some formatting (bold, italicized, bulleted, and numbered lists, etc). This description will display at the top of the your Category page, under the title.
- There will be only one option under Parent Blog. Select that option from the dropdown.
- In the Ways to Connect section, enter contact information (email, Facebook, Twitter, blog URLs) for the staff who are associated with the category that you are creating. Type the text that you want to display on the Category Page, then a |. After the |, enter the page/profile URL using the full URL (including http://). To add email addresses to the Ways to Connect section, follow the steps above, and include “mailto:” before the email address.
- Click on the Save button to save your new category.
Did you find this article helpful?