Core Publisher: What are Categories?
Creating and Managing CategoriesCategories are like newspaper sections. They are a way to group content, making it easier for site visitors to browse your pages and find information. In the same way that the sections of a newspaper are vague enough to encompass several subtopics, they are also focused enough to make finding information easy. Consider two things when creating new Categories for your site:
- What topics does your station focus on?
- What topics are important to your listeners and web visitors?
You will have to create all of your Categories before you start to create Posts. Here are some best practices to keep in mind when creating new Categories:
- Categories should be one word, two words max.
- Categories should be broadest way to capture your content.
- You should have between 5-10 Categories on your site.
Questions? Having Trouble? Contact Station Relations
Did you find this article helpful?