Core Publisher: How do I create a New User?
Creating Users in Core Publisher
It will be the responsibility of one of your station site administrators to create a user account for each of your users. Each user should have their own account. Attempting to share one account among multiple staff members can result in the account being locked due to too many login attempts.
To create a new Core Publisher user:
Note: All fields with a red asterisk (*) are required to save your new event.
- Log into your Core Publisher site.
- Click on Users in your top grey/black admin bar.
- Click on the Add user link on the Users page.
- Enter the Username for your new user. Usernames are not front facing, but we recommend using some combination of first and last name.
- Enter the E-mail address for your user. Email addresses are not front facing.
- Enter a Password for your new user. You will be asked to confirm the password in the Confirm password field.
- Select the Active radio button under Status so that your user can immediately login and use their account. Only use the Blocked status for users that you do not want to be able to log in.
- Assign either the editor or station admin role to your user. Do not select both roles. For information on the difference between these roles, see What is the difference between an editor and a station admin level user in Core Publisher?
- Check the Notify user of new account checkbox so that the new user will receive an email with their user information and a link to log in.
- Click on the Create new account checkbox to save your new user.
Questions? Having Trouble? Contact Station Relations
Did you find this article helpful?