StationConnect: How can I confirm that my stream URL is secure?
In order to be in compliance with the new HTTPS requirement, your podcast feed as well as any content embedded in your stream feed, including audio, will need to be secure.
StationConnect actively checks to see if your stream URLs are valid. It is a good idea to confirm that your stream URL is secure, even if it is an HTTPS URL. If StationConnect asks you for a secure HTTPS URL after you have pasted your HTTPS feed in the stream URL field, then it is likely that the stream embeds such as audio are not secure within the feed.
- Copy and Paste your stream URL into a browser window.
- The stream will automatically download a file.
- Open the stream file in a text editor
- The text file may reveal a HTTP URL.
- If it is HTTP then the stream is not secure.
How to tell if your stream embeds are not secure if your stream URL is a direct link to the stream:
- Copy and Paste your stream URL into a browser window (we recommend you use Chrome)
- Right-click on the window and select 'Inspect'
- A window on the right-hand side will open
- Make sure Element is selected
- Click on 'body' to access the drop down
- Click on 'video' and in the drop down you will see the 'source'
- The source will reveal if the stream embed is http or https
If your streams are not valid:
- Contact your streaming provider and request for secure embeds in your stream URLs.
- Paste your new secure streams into StationConnect.
Did you find this article helpful?